Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Thought For the Day: The Cost of Staying Silent

“However, I think the thing to remind ourselves of is that there is no alternative. Because once you start lying to yourself, once you start saying, ‘Well, I accept the fact that I now must pretend I can only say this, even though I know this to be completely untrue because otherwise they just can’t go to this dinner party or can’t keep this job’ … then something very profound and very human has already died inside of you, you’ve already paid a price. And the price is much, much, much higher than any one you could pay regardless. Sure dissidents suffer greatly, which is why we see so few of them. But they are free.” -  Liel Leibovitz, senior writer for Tablet Magazine- Long-Time Democrat Liel Leibovitz Finds Himself ‘Politically Homeless’

No comments:

Post a Comment