Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, January 31, 2022

Joe Biden, Wokeness, Big Government, and Popularity

January 21, 2022 by Dan Mitchell @ International Liberty

Other than just-for-the-fun-of-it election predictions, I generally stick to economic analysis rather than politics. But I acted as a pundit in this interview about Joe Biden’s waning popularity (in my defense, I also used the opportunity to slip is some criticism of his agenda).

My assertions about Biden pushing a hard-left agenda aren’t new.  I made the same point during the 2020 election campaign. And I take second place to nobody in criticizing what he’s been doing ever since he got inaugurated.  Indeed, the only thing I’m uncertain about is whether I should be more upset about his class-warfare tax agenda or his proposals to expand the burden of government spending. And, for what it’s worth, I don’t think my comments about Biden’s leftist ideology are controversial. Not even back in 2020.  For instance, here’s the headline from a Vox column that year by Matt Yglesias............

I mentioned that we’ve had a strange realignment in the United States. Many rich people have moved to the left while lots of low-income people have moved to the right..........To Read More.....


No comments:

Post a Comment