By Craig Rucker President CFACT
America’s colleges and universities continue to act more like leftist indoctrination centers than institutions of higher education. That’s why CFACT’s Collegians program was founded in 2003 – to push back against Leftist pseudoscience and censorship that’s all too prevalent at our nation’s Ivory Towers.
As we begin 2022, I have good news to share with you: The fight for liberty and sound science in academia is making great strides!
In fact, we have decided to award our CFACT student leaders an “A+” mid-term grade for their fantastic efforts so far this year.
What warrants such a high grade? Here’s a summary of CFACT Collegians achievements in the Fall semester 2021:
- Informative speaking events were coordinated to give students the facts they aren’t hearing in their classrooms. These included former press secretary to President Trump, Kayleigh McEnany, at the University of Central Florida, conservation and hunting advocate Gabriella Hoffman at the University of Texas, San Antonio, and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities hosted me to discuss the troubling agendas of the modern environmental movement.
- Collegians undertook a “Build Back Bankrupt” campus activism campaign to push back against President Biden’s Build Back Better agenda. Among the fun activities with this campaign included using monopoly money to make an educational point. The “money” was handed out to students at Vanderbilt University, Grand Canyon University, the Catholic University of America, and Central Florida University to show what the U.S. dollar would be really worth (i.e. funny money!) if Biden and the Left got their agenda enacted.
- CFACT student leaders from Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas, and Washington DC delivered testimony to the Environmental Protection Agency during its virtual public hearing on new methane rules. The CFACT students all objected to the new Biden rules, saying they were unnecessary, would further heighten energy costs, and ignore environmental gains already achieved in the United States.
- Stewardship events were organized in two states. In Michigan a project called “Raking a Difference” organized students to undertake lawn clean-up efforts for the elderly and disabled, while at Liberty University in Virginia CFACT Collegians performed a litter clean up around Lynchburg to clear trash from paths and brush.
Without efforts such as these from CFACT students, there would often be no active voice championing liberty and free markets on these campuses. Our student leaders showed great skill in organizing this past semester as well as facing down intimidation from the Left. We’re proud of them!
Now you know why we give them an A+ for their Fall semester, and also why we look forward to seeing what else they will accomplish in the Spring!
For nature and people too.
- CFACT collegians mid-term grade: A+ By Adam Houser CFACT Collegians are often the only students at their schools who are willing to take a public stand for free market energy and environmental policy..........
- Ottawa, Canada is following Germany’s failed climate goals, By Ronald Stein The city’s government has learned little from others that have inflicted huge electricity costs on their citizens
Adam Laxalt lambasts “green energy” taking hold in the U.S., By Gabriella Hoffman, Former NV AG Adam Laxalt joins the podcast to discuss gun rights, energy policy, hunting, and conservation. Tune in!
- Canada’s capital chooses climate suicide By Tom Harris, Dr. Jay Lehr, Ottawa prepares to bankrupt the city and endanger its most vulnerable citizens.
- Offshore U.S. oil and gas critical to lowering energy prices By CFACT Ed BY DAVID HOLT: The Interior Department’s five-year plan for offshore energy development is essential to maintaining our basic standard of living.
Russia moves into the Arctic as the U.S. withdraws, By Duggan Flanakin, The Biden Administration is proving to be the willing lackey of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Revisiting Keystone XL and Biden’s false promise of ‘green jobs’, By kevin-mooney, Biden points to climate when canceling energy initiatives, but his arguments don’t hold up under scrutiny. VCEA makes Virginia’s electric grid dangerously unreliable, By David Wojick, The Virginia Clean Economy Act or VCEA mandates the phaseout of fossil fueled power generation by 2045, with deadlines all along the way. “Cajun Coral” could help Louisiana’s coastlines, By Adam Houser, A new project being dubbed “Cajun Coral” may have found a way to protect homes against dangerous storms while also helping the environment. So, how’s Socialism working out so far?, By Larry Bell, President Ronald Reagan issued an urgent reminder that “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Virginia, your “green new deal” price tag is showing, By CFACT Ed, BY DAVID T STEVENSON: Virginia's new Governor Glenn Youngkin is doing the right thing pulling out of the "carbon tax" Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) program by executive action.
- Climate alarmists and the Fed make strange bedfellows, By Peter Murphy, And they threaten Democracy.