Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Now's the Time to Start Seeing Reality, Thinking Clearly, and Acting Rationally!

'Think about how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupidier than that". George Carlin 

By Rich Kozlovich 

There are three overwhelming truths that's emerging from the Democratic National Convention. You can never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. No one can anticipate when mass stupidity will strike. No one can plan for it, and you can't fix stupid.

Over the years I've posted a lot of thoughts dealing with every subject facing humanity, whether those thoughts involve geopolitics, economics, culture, religion, environmentalism, medicine, agriculture, domestic politics, and just about every science issue that arises, including the massive frauds perpetrated on humanity of covid, and global warming.

Some have questioned my credentials, and since I'm an autodidact with no formal credentials for anything I write about, that's not unreasonable. However, I say the same thing over and over again in response. If I'm wrong: Prove it! If I say things that are inaccurate: Name them! I get crickets!

I base my observations on five things.

  1. Everything is the basics. If you can see an issue in it's simplest possible form, it's easily understandable. If it's understandable, it's definable, if it's definable, it's fixable.
  2. History. I've read a lot of history books dealing with every issue I discuss. History is everything, but if you don't read it, it's nothing.
  3. Logical fallacies. Over the years I've spent a lot of time studying logical fallacies because as you observe what people are saying you find their views are so often predicated on logical fallacies. And once you recognize them, you can easily refute them, and their arguments crumble.
  4. Seeing patterns. The natural function of the human mind is to see patterns. I just see them more easily and more quickly than most, but we can train our minds to be better at it, and we do that by thinking deeply on a host of subjects. It gives you mind the "search" command, and your mind will start filing, collating, and correlating information, eventually delivering those spontaneous insights I call "shazam" moments.
  5. I see farther, deeper, and wider than most everyone else. Not because I'm so much smarter than everyone else. It's because I read so much more than most everyone else. After reading the thoughts and ideas of hundreds of authors, it's amazing how your perspective changes. You learn to read reality much better than almost everyone you talk to because you're able to see the nuances that aren't obvious to the general public.

All the above teaches you how to think, and that starts by questioning everything. Truth is the sublime convergence of history and reality. Everything has a historical foundation and context. Everything we're presented should bear some resemblance to what we see going on in reality. If what's presented to us fails in either of those categories, it's wrong! Here's the really big component of truth. Time! Truth and time are always on the same side, and as Ben Franklin once said, "truth will very patiently wait for us".

As time has gone by I've given up responding to internet trolls, and I refuse to let them spout on P&D because I realize they are, arrogant, corrupt, unending time wasters, masters at logical fallacies, purveyors of projection, obfuscators of truth, and ignorantly self righteous in their arrogance. I also think they're paid thought assassins.

I’ve also realized the more they blather, the less credible, and less sane they look, except to the equally ignorant self righteous ideologues who can't be reasoned with. They just waste a lot of time.

I'm now 78 and I find my views and values, which historically were America's foundational social paradigm for most of my life, have become oppressive to so many, including some "friends". We're no longer friends. It was their choice.

It's unfortunate so many have breathed the fumes of the fever swamps of the left for so long they will not accept the truth of history or reality. Heterodoxy isn't for the faint of heart, even when it means embracing insanity. History is replete with such actions.

One of my customers was an old Jewish couple that had become good friends. She's now passed, but was a liberal Democrat who woke up to who the Democrats really are and voted for Trump in 2016. He's a Republican, which I didn't know for years, in spite of the many conversations we've had regarding history, politics and social issues of every sort.

I asked her once why Jews, who live, practice and believe in conservative values, raise their children with those values, vote for liberal politicians. She said she's a conservative in her head, but liberal in her heart, and I think that may be more common than is realized.

She talked to her friends repeating the things we talked about and told them she was going to vote with her head, not her heart, and voted for Trump in 2016.  I thought at the time there was going to be a lot of that in the Jewish community in the 2020 election, not only among Jews, but Catholics also.

However, she told me her friends were angry at her for listening to me, and for two reasons. I'm just a bug man, and I'm a conservative. I fear I didn't realize just how strong America's secular Jews are bonded to the Democrat party, a party that's clearly dominated by anti-semites who are working against Jews on many levels; not just Israel. I think that's going to change in the 2024 election. Secular Jews are getting scared, and rightly so, the Democrats would clearly sell them down the river to appease the Muslims in America and around the world and would willingly destroy the nation of Israel.

As it turns out the religious Jews are even more for Trump than in the past, and if reports are accurate, secular Jews are moving in that direction. With Jews there's a clear and definite break between secular versus religious Jews, but just as a rising tide lifts all boats, fear moves everyone.  

This time Catholics seem to be moving far more to Trump than in past elections. Four years ago Catholics overall didn't want Roe v. Wade to be overturned. Which I find startling! Practicing versus secular Catholics being the line of demarcation again, reinforced with this kind of fuzzy thinking:

"Even though most Catholics said abortion should generally be legal, a majority also said abortion is morally wrong."

If that's not cognitive dissonance, then there is no such thing as cognitive dissonance. Abortion is the murder of the innocent unborn, it really is that simple, and for Catholics, it's a mortal sin.

Have Catholics move toward Trump in any meaningful way? I think so, as it's become clear by the actions of the Biden administration and the FBI, that Democrats hate Catholics, especially those Catholics in favor of the Latin mass, considering them dangerous radicals. How insane is that? So then I think it fair to ask: What's wrong with Jews and Catholics who choose to vote for those who hate them?

If someone tells you they hate you and want to destroy you, you should believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment