Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Some People Just Don't Get Funny!

By Rich Kozlovich 

 I have no idea who originated this as it was sent to me by a friend, however, considering how dysfunctional public education is in America, I really thought this was not only funny, I think it's insightful.

Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was? And I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth... I did, fried chicken is my favorite animal.

I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA, because they love animals very much. I do, too... Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was? I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.

Today, my teacher asked me to tell her what famous person I admired most. I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where the **** I am now.

So, while this is only a joke, and neither this teacher or this kid really exist, I do think this is funny, don't you? But I also think it's insightful because this kind of thing goes on and story presents a fundamental truth. Today's educators, at all levels of society, hate truth.

Given the abysmal job public education is doing it's time parents started demanding changes, starting with school choice. Competition brings out the best in any system, and then make public employee unions illegal. These teacher unions are viper pits of everything that's wrong with America. Ending them is a fundamental necessity in fixing education in America, and that will be a very real start in fixing America.

Illinois school report card slips even further November 8, 2023 Before it’s too late, Illinois lawmakers should do the right thing and pass a universal school choice bill.............. 

 Truth is the sublime convergence of history and reality. Everything we're told has historical foundation and context. Everything we're told should bear some resemblance to what we see going on in reality. If what's presented to us fails in either category, it's wrong. All that's left to do is develop the intellectual response as to why it's wrong.   

Here are 200 "truths" about life as I see it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment