Liberal dictionary rule of thumb: If a term doesn't suit the leftist purpose, focus group test to find the most favorable terms of the times and rename the reviled thing, and that will fix the entire problem for awhile.
The new name will likely be diametrically opposed in literal
meaning to the thing you are applying it to - just ignore that fact and
keep applying the new name over and over and over - this is the key to
By Rational Db8
- Fake, but accurate. Remember - if it feels true (to a liberal), it is true - even when the examples used are proven totally false! #HandsUpDon'tShoot #FakeNews #MattressGirl #RapeCulture #MeToo
- Free speech = only speech that the liberal agrees with - anything else is clearly "hate speech" and must be suppressed and stomped out by any and all means necessary.
- Right wing = Racists. Make that EEEEEEeee-vil Racists.
- Left wing = bleeding hearted tolerant compassionate wonderful rational scientific caring loving people who just want the best for everyone and their CHILLLLLLLLLdren.
- My opinion isn't opinion, it's fact even if I can't begin to prove it. Your opinion, however, is clearly fantasy based hateful wishes with no basis in reality.
- It's for the chilllldreeennnnn = Pull your heartstrings and make you look evil while we kick the can down the road for someone else to deal with after I am gone.
- 'Lawfully'Doesn't = 'Legally' the Obama Administration tells the Supreme Court
- Affordable Health Care Act = Nobody can afford it but the most wealthy who don't need it, but hey, the name helps us sell it to you rubes, and the special interests get rich off the program so they're happy, and we get to claim we did something for the PEEEEE-pul again!!
- Fox News = EEEEEE-vil incarnate propaganda machine.
- Liberal Mainstream Media = fountain of truth and reality. Even more so for sites like Truth Out, Mother Jones, The Daily Beast, and Huffington Post - they are the keys to wisdom!
- Utterly anemic job growth that cannot even keep up with population growth = historic 75 months of job growth.
- Stereotypes = if conservatives use them, they are hate speech and EEEEEeeeee-vil. Liberals never use stereotypes, only accurate descriptive generalizations.
- Irony (definition): the idea that a man is a woman because he says so, but a Republican isn't allowed to use a nickname or he must be hiding something and untrustworthy.
- Liberal apology = “I'm sorry that this has been confusing to people and has raised a lot of questions, but there are answers to all these questions.” (end of apology)
- Liberal politician: "I take responsibility" = I have no intention of accepting any blame or consequences for these actions, but since I said the magic words, you have to quit pestering me about it and feel sympathy for me instead.
- Having one nuclear bomb, doesn't equal having a nuclear bomb (h/t John Kerry)
- Troll = anyone who disagrees with me, even when I held the opposite position mere minutes ago.
- Swiftboating = when Conservatives tell the truth about liberals who lie about their military service, or any other liberal/progressive/socialist/Democrat who lies about an issue.
- "The Science is Settled" or "It's not debatable," etc., = anything they WISH were true but haven't the facts to support.
- Obstructionist = When Republicans-Conservatives refuse to yield completely, without the possibility of compromise, to Democrat desires.
- Bipartisanship = When Republicans cease being obstructionist and agree completely to the Democrat-Progressive-Liberal desires.
- Tolerance = Even when you disagree with us, we still let you live, don't we? Too bad it's only in the back of the bus, suck it up and thank us profusely or we may change our minds. (h/t Barack Obama, who kindly informed us this was the case.)
- "Of the people, for the people, by the people": clearly means "We the few, will tell the rest of you, exactly what to do." AND we don't have to do what we insist YOU do.
- Hacking cyber theft = "data exfiltration."
- An own goal or major entirely preventable error that gets people killed = 'The Fog of War.'
- Income you earn and the government allows you to keep = tax expenditures
- It's rude to refer to transgendered people getting sex reassignment surgery - such procedures should be called gender confirmation.,
- Budget Cut = A definite budget increase, but slightly lower than had been planned.
- Lies = Fabrications and Inconsistencies. Sometimes they're even "fake but accurate!" Or now "fake but morally right!" (a la Ocasio-Cortez)
- "Doing something" =
- 1) Give a Speech;
- 2) Tweet a picture of a woman with a sad face holding up a hash tag. (h/t Michelle Obama)
- Liberal Opinion = Definition of meaning or fact.
- "Owner" = out, now you're a "governor." You can no longer "own" a sport's team, as that means slavery... So never mind if you buy the team and have nothing to do with managing it, now you're presto chango a "governor." Who cares that the new term in no way reflects reality!!
- Illegal aliens = new lifelong Democrat voters.
- b) non-citizen (per recent change at Library of Congress)
- c) People who are not, shall we say, fully documented, of U.S. citizens (h/t Pelosi).
- Undocumented minors = Illegal alien young men with gang affiliations and criminal records.
- Felon or Convict = “person who committed a crime” and “individual who was incarcerated” (per Justice Department) because somehow magically the definition of the word is less offensive than the word.
- Criminal = Justice Involved Individual. Previously known as a "legally-challenged Individual," but that was too prejudicial. Perhaps the term should be: "undocumented moral authority."
- Honor a heroic or national figure like Neil Armstrong, Rosa Parks, etc. = present a picture of Obama.
- Celebrate Easter = publish a photo of the Obama family.
- History =
- 1) whatever we decide at the time to say it was
- 2) whatever spin benefits us politically.
- Liberal think tanks are intelligent and factual. Conservative think tanks are an oxymoron, and a propaganda arm of the Right Wing charged with fabrication, invention, and deflection.
- Free speech = hate speech U. California students remove offensive American flag from 'inclusive' space
- American flag = offensive hate speech
- Inclusive or Non-offensive = anything that agrees with liberal/progressive/Democrat/socialist opinions.
- War = "Overseas Contingency Operation."
- Democrats are never involved in wars, only Overseas Contingency Operations.
- Terrorist attack on U.S. soil = "work place violence."
- Terrorist = "Unlawful Enemy Combatant." Oops, strike that, it's out. Now they are “Unprivileged Enemy Belligerents."
- ISIL Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) = not Islamic.
- Foreign invasion of sovereign nation = 'Um . . . uh . . . to act, uh . . . to cross the border in an unauthorized way."
In fact, it couldn't be clearer: Kinetic military action in response to man-caused disasters is going to produce unprivileged enemy who may cross the border in an unauthorized way to participate in non-Islamic workplace violence immediately preceded by the rallying yell "Allahu Akbar!" Doublespeak at it's best, Orwell is rolling in his grave.
Hum.... I guess a bank robbery will now be considered to simply be an 'unauthorized loan' or 'undocumented withdrawal,' and Underprivileged Enemy Belligerents will be soon be known as 'Misunderstood Future Friends,' right?
San Francisco is right with the woke action now. They no longer have "convicted felons." Nope, now they're "justice-involved persons."
Then there is the example of these courageous undocumented shoppers rescuing shoes from Hurricane Irma! Oddly enough, not one pair of work boots was rescued - no apology for such obvious discrimination was forthcoming. CNN is reporting that many soles were lost.
Concerned citizens promptly started a new hashtag: #NikeLivesMatter