Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, April 15, 2019

The Path Forward for Ruth Bader Ginsburg

By April 14th, 2019

I am a lowly lawyer who has never argued before the Supreme Court, and never will. I am not a constitutional scholar, Justice Ginsburg has never heard of me, and I know that in the grand scheme of things, my opinion matters to her very little (and almost certainly not at all). Nevertheless, I hope Justice Ginsburg will forgive my presumptuousness, and will entertain this immodest, yet (I believe) very respectful, sincere, timely, and practical proposal.

There is no sense ignoring the herd of elephants stomping around the room, so I’ll just say it: Justice Ginsburg is dying. This is the truth, however unpleasant and (to many) unfortunate. She is a woman of many accomplishments, yet she is now very old and very ill. To quote the immortal words of Ryan Reynolds in “Deadpool”: “Cancer is a shitshow.” ...........To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment