Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thought For the Day

By Rich Kozlovich

My friend Maury and Dog send me stuff daily, some serious and some not so serious.  Some of it I post and some it I just chuckle at and move on.  But all of it’s either interesting, entertaining or both.   This is part of an e-mail about old people, and I picked out the stuff, and added some stuff that I felt best applies to me.   

Old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you're just too tired to bounce it. I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and calling 'Pumping Rust.' The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends. Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL? You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.   What's an old man's greatest passion? Never pass up a bathroom without going pee.  Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it, but I'm not sure if it's because we're happy about it or surprised we've lasted this long. 

And finally, this piece of wisdom clearly understood by old people - Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. It’s unfortunate we have to be old to fully appreciate the value of that.

I’m still working on the last part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment