Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, July 18, 2016

Black Lives Matter, Rich White Liberals, and Human Sacrifice

Black Lives Matter doesn't just inspire murder. It demands it.

Danusha V. Goska 

I want to tell you five stories, each rather minor in itself. They lead, I hope, to a larger point.

First story. In 1992 I was attending a social gathering in Berkeley, California. The guests were largely white and middle class. I was especially fond of "Tom." Tom was a SNAG – a sensitive, New Age guy. I was confident that if I went to Tom with any problem, he'd say something compassionate and endearing, and then we'd both tear up and hug.

Tom's ancestors had arrived in North America before the US was even a country. I'm a child of Eastern European, Catholic immigrants. Tom was economically comfortable. I was struggling. WASPs like Tom fascinate and intimidate me. I did feel that he had more of a right to be an American than a newcomer like myself. I deferred to Tom.

Our gathering was meant to be low-key and personal, not political. Tom was the first to speak. He spoke with authority. "I know this is not why we are gathered here today,'' he said – rather, he announced. We hushed and listened carefully. "I think we need to devote some time to talking about what is happening in Los Angeles. I know I really need to talk about this, and I'm sure others do, too."

We all nodded. We wanted to hear what Tom had to say......To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment