Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Uncategorized USS Constellation: The Aircraft Carrier That Was ‘America’s Flagship’

By Rich Kozlovich

I came across this today, and I'm not sure what it is about Man O' War ships and men, but there's a strange bond of affection I can't explain, especially if you served, and as I read this, I felt it, and thought it worth publishing.  

"On August 7, 2003, USS Constellation was officially decommissioned after forty-one years, nine months and eleven days of naval service. Since her commissioning, nearly 120,000 Sailors and Marines had served aboard the ship, while the arresting gear aboard had amassed an impressive 436,000 traps or landings. She was sold for scrapping, which was completed in May 2017 when the last propeller shaft strut was pulled from the water"

To Read More.

USS Constellation

No comments:

Post a Comment