My Democratic friends correctly argue that Republicans have a corruption problem and my GOP friends correctly argue that Democrats have a corruption problem. I wish both sides would recognize that the real problem is big government. As I wrote last year, “unethical people are naturally drawn to politics and unethical interest groups naturally seek to obtain unearned wealth (a process known as “rent seeking“).”
And I shared lots of examples.
- This is true for tax policy.
- And I mean very true for tax policy.
- This is true for trade policy.
- This is true for bailout policy.
- This is true for regulatory policy.
- This is true for spending policy.
- This is true for health policy.
- This is true for business policy.
- And it’s true for environment policy.
Today, let’s review some wise – and blunt – analysis from Steven Greenhut. In an article for Reason, he connects the dots to show that the level of corruption is linked to the size and power of government.........To Read More....