By Rich Kozlovich
I watch these "prominent" characters spouting off nonsense, and invariably they do what all leftist do when confronted with resistance, or more importantly facts. Here are two such incidents:
So, let's try and get this right once and for all. Masks don't work, social distancing doesn't work and lockdowns don't work. Please review my files dealing with Masks,
Lockdowns History, Herd Immunity and Social Distancing,
If you eliminated all the misinformation and logical fallacies from Pelosi's and Geraldo's comments, all we would hear is silence.
Now, I think it might be interesting to view My Rules, numbers 50,51,
52, 53 and 54, as I think they really do apply with all the clabber and
hysteria people like Geraldo and Pelosi spout on about.
50. Nothing will make a person more miserable than convincing them that everything they believe in is stupid. No effort will generate more anger.
51. People hate information. It interferes with a good time and may require changes or effort. Worse yet it makes them responsible.
52. It is impossible to explain anything to people who are so ignorant that they don’t even know they're ignorant. Worse yet, they think they have all the answers when they don’t even know the questions. In order to teach them the truth you have to first teach them what is inaccurate. Since they like being ignorant you are spitting into the wind. Of course they must defend their level of ignorance by attacking you personally and then become ignorant and stupid. If there is a crowd they will resort to consensus stupidity and do it with great glee.
53. In my youth I used to think that if you explained something properly everyone would see the logic of what you were saying and come to the same conclusions that you came to. As I grow older I have come to realize that kind of thinking leaves out an important reality. All you are doing is trying to convince them that everything they believe is wrong, which is bound to get an emotional response, since they already know that they possess the moral high ground. An argument in opposition to their position based on facts and logic only gets you labeled as someone who is a stupid opinionated jerk who is out of step with the latest philosophical flavor of the day commonly known as conventional wisdom.
The amount of time spent trying to present a logical argument (worse yet if you have a lot of facts to support your position) to anyone with this level of moral superiority is an effort in futility. Especially when that position is fortified by an inordinate level of ignorance. Save yourself from all that frustration and remember the Biblical admonition about not throwing “your pearls before swine.”
54. In the long run the inability to put together facts and logic in some understandable order will not be offset by attacking the motives and character of someone who disagrees with you. That is a short term tactic that will eventually backfire on you. The other part of this that amazes me is when all else is lost, they abandon any illusion of argumentation and just attack you personally. None of which has anything to do with what is being discussed. If you do this with a liberal, he will blow his stack and scream invectives and personally insult you, which seems to be the most effective way of shutting out intelligent discussion.