Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Black Congressman Accuses Congressional Black Caucus of Denying Him Membership Because He’s Conservative

By Melanie Arter | June 10, 2021

Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) is accusing the Congressional Black Caucus of discriminating against him because he’s a Republican and denying him membership.  During an interview Thursday with CNN’s “New Day with John Berman and Brianna Keilar,” host Keilar read a statement from the CBC about their decision: 

The Congressional Black Caucus remains committed to fighting for issues that support Black communities, including the police accountability bill, protecting voting rights and a jobs bill that helps our communities. We will work with those who share our values and priorities for the constituents that we serve.............

I'm 42 years old. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York. I come from a single parent household. I know what it is to actually have to grow up coming out of the inner city in today's America, because I've done it,” the congressman added.

“I think those perspectives are helpful. Whether the CBC wants to take advantage of that is up to them, but I'm here to tell you and your viewers and frankly the entire country that I'm willing to be a part of that conversation, because it is important as we navigate our country forward that we have people who have all kind of political perspectives, not just one,” he said............To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment