Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, May 8, 2023

Chicago proves that FDR was correct about public unions

Up in Chicago, the teachers' union won big, and I don't mean that test scores or literacy is on the rise.  They got their man elected, and who knows what happens next?  I would not be surprised if a few Chicago residents are looking at a "ZIP code change." Years ago, our family would drive down to Chicago from our early days in Wisconsin to get stuff at a Cuban "bodega."  We'd listen to Larry Lujack on WLS and drive home listening to the White Sox on WMAQ.  My parents complimented the clean streets, the order everywhere, and the police were so pleasant at giving you directions when we used maps rather than GPS.  Going to Chicago was great.  Well, I don't think my parents would be complimenting Chicago today.  Talk about decline.  This is from Charles Lipson:.........To Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment