Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, April 26, 2021

My Long Journey from Liberalism to White Identity

Illian Veilleux, American Renaissance, April 24, 2021

This is part of our continuing series of accounts by readers of how they shed the illusions of liberalism and became race realists.

Growing up in the late 1990s and 2000s, my teachers always said that my peers and I were going to be “the generation that officially kills racism.” We were sold a fantasy of a post-racial world of joined hands and progress. As a kid, I remember growing up so optimistic for that future and wondering what part I’d get to play in it. What young soul wouldn’t want to be a part of that dream? My white classmates and I were ready and eager for this new dawn..........

The black students I knew in college, and how my relationship with them soured, gave me some of my first doubts about the liberal clichés about race I constantly heard. 

So did one incident off-campus my sophomore year.............. I also thought about how I didn’t want to be a bigot, but I kept imagining myself lying dead in that parking lot or bleeding out in the back of an ambulance.

As much as that experience made me rethink my worldview, it was nothing compared to what happened when I moved to Baltimore............Looking into crime statistics led to a big discovery: Blacks commit the vast majority of violent crime, not just in Baltimore, but everywhere. I started noticing other patterns, too. When I volunteered with “clean up the city” efforts, my volunteer groups were always majority white. The same was true of the attendees at “community growth” meetings focused on citywide change. I began to wonder if most black people simply didn’t care about their city. The more I researched and read, the more my leftist views started to evaporate. The more I worked in West Baltimore, the more my “don’t judge” pledge from childhood receded into the back of my mind. “Never relax” became my new slogan when around non-whites ...............But according to the news and everywhere else I look, these Guatemalans are “enriching” my racist, white life. I’m counting down the days until I can get out of this cesspool for good.........To Read More...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment