“Now I know it was an illusion,” Sobell then reflected of his belief in Communism. “I was taken in.”..........The Cold War, nearly two-decades done by 2008, mattered only as a matter of history. The same people most zealously insisting on his innocence seemed the least troubled by his guilt. Instead, his belated truth-telling struck as his real crime........... To Read More.....

My Take - He was "taken in"?  For 70 years?  He was a traitor in the beginning, a traitor in the middle and  a traitor at the end of his life.  How do I explain his thinking and actions?  I can't!  No one can!   That doesn't alter the fact he was a traitor surrounded by traitors and fellow travelers.  Many of them in the federal government brought in by the Roosevelt administration. 

This article clearly lays out the real moral foundation of leftists.  They have none!