Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, July 25, 2013

For Paul Krugman, Everything’s An Exception

Dan McLaughlin (Diary) |
The failure of Detroit is only the latest dramatic illustration of the practical failure of liberal-progressivism, standing in contrast to the great successes of free markets and conservative governance. If you are Paul Krugman, the Nobel Prize-winning New York Times columnist, this sort of thing ought to give you pause about the connection between your big-government ideas and reality. Instead, it is only the latest example of how Krugman simply writes off any facts he finds inconvenient.
There are influential people out there who would like you to believe that Detroit’s demise is fundamentally a tale of fiscal irresponsibility and/or greedy public employees. It isn’t. For the most part, it’s just one of those things that happens now and then in an ever-changing economy.
This at least is less egregiously dishonest than the chorus of left-wingers engaged in arguing that Detroit was done in by conservative racists rather than the actions of its own wholly Democratic, wholly liberal government and population over the past six decades (with a big assist from the State of Michigan, which has been far more often in liberal Democratic than conservative Republican hands over those years – think Jennifer Granholm – in large part due to the voting power of Detroit). But it’s also sadly symptomatic of how Krugman deals with contrary examples....To Read More....

My TakeFor many years I have attended conferences for the pest control industry, including a few National Pest Management Legislative Day conferences in Washington.  I never cease to be amazed at the stupid things said by "experts" they have brought it.   Especially those brought in to talk about the economy.  But it doesn't stop there.

Whether it's Integrated Pest Management, Green Pest Control, government regulations or a host of things I almost want to jump up and say....."You're wrong and I'm going to tell you why!"  I think the thing  that drives me the most crazy is I never get podium time.  
I have yet to have one person in leadership say to me...."We don't let you speak because you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about!"  If they did, then at least we could have a basis for debate....which I have asked for on more than one occasion.  
I have even asked the trade journals to set up such an event to no avail.  Why?  
What interests me the most is what is the foundational standard they have for choosing writers, articles, speakers and subjects to be discussed.....and why?   One person told me outright they would not discuss their policies on this with me.  Why?  Of course, I suppose they may think that I will eventually go away.....but I thought they all knew I'm Serbian!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment