This week in the world of regulation:
Last week, 68 new final regulations were published in the Federal Register. There were 84 new final rules the previous week. That’s the equivalent of a new regulation every two hours and 28 minutes — 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All in all, 1,998 final rules have been published in the Federal Register this year.
· If this keeps up, the total tally for 2013 will be 3,646 new final rules.
· Last week, 1,750 new pages were added to the 2013 Federal Register, for a total of 43,686 pages.
· At its current pace, the 2013 Federal Register will run 78,572 pages.
· Rules are called “economically significant” if they have costs of $100 million or more in a given year. One such published last week, for a total of 17 so far in 2013.
· The total estimated compliance costs of this year’s economically significant regulations ranges from $5.78 billion to $10.39 billion.\
· So far, 138 final rules that meet the broader definition of “significant” have been published in 2013.
· So far this year, 333 final rules affect small business; 30 of them are significant rules.
Highlights from final rules published last week:….To ReadMore…..