Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Georgia Democrat Announces She's Switching to GOP

Madeline Leesman  July 11, 2023

A Georgia state lawmaker is leaving the Democratic Party to join the GOP after she reportedly angered her Democratic colleagues over a bill promoting school choice.   State Rep. Mesha Mainor, who represents District 56 in the Georgia state House, made the announcement on Tuesday.  “I represent a blue district in the city of Atlanta so this wasn’t a political decision for me. It was a a MORAL one,” Mainor stated. “I will NEVER apologize for being a black woman with a mind of my own.”  In a follow-up tweet, Mainor said the party "embraced left-wing radicalism, lawlessness, and put the interests of illegal aliens over the interest of Americans."  Mainor’s departure from the Democratic Party was first reported by Fox News.

"When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me," Mainor told Fox News Digital. "They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me."..............To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment