Recently I posted an article entitled, Does Sheila Jackson Lee Know The Person She's Accused Of Racism For Airline Fiasco Is A Human Rights Activist?, which describes her outrageous behavior in her demand someone - who paid for a first class seat in advance - be bumped so she could have that seat - and the airlines did it. That in itself is inexcusable, and they've done it over and over again for this obnoxious politician, which has enabled her disgusting behavior.
And when she finds out the woman is upset what does she claim? She claims she's upset because an "African American woman" took her seat. The human rights activists resented being bumped - period - for a seat she paid for in advance, but to be bumped by an obnoxious, arrogant, self indulgent, inconsiderate politician, who has done this over and over again - is even more aggravating. I resent it and I'm not even involved.
There was a time when airlines served food, and our girl Shelia, always in character, demanded they serve her a sea food option that wasn't on the menu. In what classy way did this harridan handle this:
She started screaming: “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered!”Well, that last time I looked - the airlines didn't take menu orders, and if someone did - it was probably to just get her off the phone and shut her up. And at least one airlines - Continental - suggested she take another airline.
Continental's VP of governmental affairs, Rebecca Cox stated:
"We have been dealing with the congresswoman for three years now, and we are tired of her bad behavior. Something has got to happen."She abused reservation privileges and demanded "deluxe perks not always available in Continental's non-hub cities", and as a result - they gave "her the Delta Airlines schedule."
Well, her consistently obnoxious behavior was at least........well...... consistent.
This stunningly stupid woman regularly called one staff member a "Stupid M.....r F.....r, threw a phone at another and demanded she be driven by chauffeur between House office buildings which are connected by tunnels, she even demanded staffers run to the supermarket at 2 a.m. to buy garlic supplements, and all this from a woman who would angrily proclaim - ‘”What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.”
Apparently she thinks everyone else should prostitute themselves for her, which makes it difficult for her to maintain staff for any length of time. One staffer, Rhiannon Burruss, with 15 years experience on Capitol Hill lasted one month, who took the job in spite of warning after warning not to go there, thinking "how bad can she be?" Well, her predecessor lasted 14 months, which I'm willing to bet is a record.
And do you wonder why? Here's her typical behavior:
Lee called her from Alabama, where she had rented a car to participate in a re-enactment of the historic civil-rights march on Selma organized by a Washington, D.C. group, Faith and Politics. When Lee and Houston office director Gerald Womack flew to Montgomery, the congresswoman discovered that a white male colleague had been personally chauffeured to the event by a Faith and Politics staffer.
Lee immediately called Burruss and chewed her out for not getting a similar arrangement. Lee wondered aloud about whether the white congressman had gotten the VIP treatment because of his race and then, Burruss says, yelled at her over the phone, "You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen."She would fail to show up to appointments and then blame staff and yell at them for this failure when in reality it was entirely her fault. When the staffer complained to Lee's chief of staff he "shrugged and commented: "I told you she lies."' The staffer finally responded with two words that are apparently heard a great deal by Shelia Jackson Lee - I quit!
She - and I say that tongue in cheek - thinks:
- The Constitution is 400 years old, predating the landing of the Pilgrims.
- Apparently she "thinks" Neil Armstrong planted a flag on Mars in 1969. Jackson-Lee's only qualification for sitting on the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics was the space between her ears. She visited JPL and asked if the Mars Rover would be able to show "the flag the astronauts planted there before". Staffers were reportedly surprised that she didn't complain about cost overruns on the Death Star. When this was made an issue - she claimed racism. You just can't fix stupid!
- North and South Vietnam are side by side.
- Thinks a rock star who sexually abused young boys should be honored by Congress, and wanted a complete shutdown of a hallway in her congressional office building from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM so she could have a private meeting with Michael Jackson.
- “Why do we have the capacity, uh, to dismantle the transponders? Why wasn't the emergency call already in place that it automatically signals when a aircraft goes off its, uh, discerned or destinated, (sic) uh, destiny, uh and destination, uh, as relates to, uh, its flight pattern. Why does it have to be done manually?” (Editor's Note: I have no idea what she said there. I guess Sheila and I are in harmony then since I doubt she understood what she said either. RK)
- “We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes.”
- “Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
- “I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”
- After ordering her driver to literally park at the front door of the US Treasury against Secret Service orders, and then demanding her driver to not pull over for pursuing Secret Service officers, her driver finally pulled over against her wishes. She then confronted the Secret Service officials. “I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee! Who do you think you are?”
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee had an interesting response when a staffer requested to meet with her. “What? What did you say to me? Who are you, the Congresswoman? You haven’t been elected. You don’t set up meetings with me! I tell you! You know what? You are the most unprofessional person I have ever met in my life.”
The race card is merely a convenient ruse for her to get her way.
As for her position as member in the Club For the Galacticly Stupid - that is never, ever, going to be questioned.
"Sheila Jackson-Lee might be the dumbest person in congress. She might even be the dumbest person outside congress. If there were ever a global championship for idiots, the country could send her there. And leave her there; because unlike Lassie, she wouldn't be able find her way back on her own.Are there dumber members in Congress - you bet - but I have serious doubts anyone is as obnoxious, abusive or as arrogant as she.
What's startling is she keeps being re-elected in her district. If she's the cream of the crop in that district - that district must be among the dumbest districts in the Untied States.
And you can't fix stupid!