During his Supreme Court confirmation hearings in 1991, Anita Hill accused Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment in the workplace. But, Hill’s claims were discredited by, among other things, the testimony of more than a dozen female former co-workers who came forward to declare, in no uncertain terms, that Thomas was “a man of the highest principle, honesty, integrity and honor in all of his personal and professional actions.” They called Hill’s claims “ludicrous” and “unbelievable.”
My Take - I remember the Clarence Thomas Senate confirmation hearings and from the beginning I thought Anita Hill was a legal hack that couldn't cut it and ended up having an ax to grind against Thomas. So she shot off her mouth privately to her liberal friends and got caught up in that farce and couldn't back down.
As you will notice from the news - these guys who are abusers are always repeat abusers, and there was not one iota of evidence Thomas every bothered any of his female co-workers or anyone else - except Anita Hill - at least according to Anita Hill. I thought she lied from the beginning and every piece of evidence seems to demonstrate that's what happened.
So why is this a bid deal now?
Because the left demanded everyone accept her story saying - "you just don't get it" - and of course my question was and still it - "What exactly am I not getting?" Of course, according to the left the answer was: Women don't lie about this! And that was the media meme from that day on - at least until Bill Clinton - then all of a sudden they ALL lied.
I absolutely believe Anita Hill lied, and I absolutely believe everyone of Clinton's accusers were truthful, and so too with these gals involved with these Hollywood and media characters. But this is characteristic of the left, an absolute contempt for truth, facts and consistency, and now it's coming home to roost.
- Not Buying It: Linda Tripp Skewers Democrats Suddenly Speaking Out Against Bill Clinton
- It's time to take a second look at JFK
- When Does Being a Jerk, or Just a Guy, Become Sexual Harassment?
- New Conyers Accuser Details Pattern of DisturbingBehavior
- Rep. Conyers lawyer hints he will take down many other congressional harassers if pushed too hard
- Franken Speaks Out Again on Harassment Charges
- Dem Rep: 'No Offense,' But Ethics Committee Investigations Aren't Going to Help