Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, November 17, 2016

These "Celebrities" - All "Really Important People" - Are Leaving the United States

By Rich Kozlovich

I've already discussed, Chelsea Handler, Samuel L. Jackson, Jon Stewart, Neve Campbell,  George Lopez, Keegan-Michael Key, Whoopi Goldberg, Al Sharpton, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Barbra Streisand, Cher, Bryan Cranston, NeYo, Drake,  Bill Maher and Natasha Lyonne, who says she's moving to a mental hospital, in my article: Observations From the Back Row:A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, but the number of "celebrities" - "all really important people"- who've declared they're leaving the country if Trump is elected is larger than I previously knew.

I've put the names of the "really important people" I've either never heard of at all before this,  or only vaguely know who they are or what they do, in red.  The rest of them I may know who they are or what they do,  but could care less what they think or where they move to. 

I'll keep maintaining and expanding this list as time goes by and keep track of who leaves.

Amber Rose: “I can’t even think about it! I’m moving, I’m out! I can’t. And I am taking my son with me!”  

Kanye West: “We’ve got enough money to buy our own island or some shit. I’ll be damned if I raise my daughter around ignorance and flat-out blatant racism'.  UPDATE: Apparently West has no idea what he says or thinks.  At a concert he said: I would have voted for Donald Trump, if I had voted.  No wonder he married into the Kardashian family.  They're perfect for each other.  Clueless!

Barry Diller: “If Donald Trump doesn’t fall, I’ll either move out of the country or join the resistance”

Omari Hardwick “I’ll move from Denver to Italy… If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I’m out”

Eddie Griffin: “He’s good at making money, but he’s ignorant…If Trump wins, I’m moving to Africa.” (That should be fun to watch)

Spike Lee:  He says he'll be  “moving back to the republic of Brooklyn, New York”.  (Huh?  Clearly needs a geography lesson.)

Raven Symoné: “My confession for this election is if any Republican gets nominated, I’m going to move to Canada with my entire family. I already have my ticket” (Did she really say "if any Republican gets nominated"?  Wow!  That's a mind we can afford to lose.  Sorry Canada!)

Lena Dunham: “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will”.

Chloë Sevigny:  “Nova Scotia”

Katie Hopkins: “If Donald Trump wins the race to the White House I’m moving to America,” she tweeted. “Daring to bare what some people really think.”

Ali Wentworth: “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”

Rosie O’Donnell:  As usual - you just can't trust anything Rosie says.  She originally promised to make Americans everywhere - except the East and West coasts - happy by moving to....who knows where.  But now we know she's not to be trusted.  She's going to fight by taking stupidly!    “LISTEN UP WASTED TRUMPERS – I AM NEVER LEAVING THE USA – AND HE WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT.”  Well Rosie, he will be President and we can only hope you change your mind and do leave.  Please leave! Or if you won't leave - please shut up! Your flatulent comments have become more than society can bear and still be polite or civilized.    Oh, by the way.  Try Iran!

Ever wonder what happened to all those celebrities who promised to leave the country if George W. Bush was elected president? 
  • Eddie Vedder - "I'm moving to a different country if little Damien II gets elected." 
  • Alec Baldwin - was never quoted directly, but reportedly made a statement to his wife Kim Basinger, who was later quoted in Focus magazine saying that Alec "might leave the country if Bush is elected president ... and then I'd probably have to go too." 
  • Barbara Streisand - "I don't think you'll see me around here for at least four years." 
  • Robert Altman - "If George Bush is elected president, I'm leaving for France." 
  • Pierre Salinger - "If Bush wins, I'm going to leave the country and spend the rest of my life in France." 
The outcome: 
  • Eddie Vedder was "extremely disappointed", but not enough to leave the US. He did go to Hawaii, however.  (He apparently needs a geography lesson like Spike Lee.) 
  • Alec Baldwin claims that he never made the statement, but even if he did it wouldn't matter since Bush wasn't really elected, he was "selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines". (He originally claimed his wife never spoke with Focus magazine, a claim which he later recanted.) 
  • Barbara Streisand, who was at a White House dinner when she made the statement, claims that when she said she would not be seen "around here" that she was only referring to not being seen around the White House.  (Oh Babs....are you hedging?  Can we assume you're going to hedge again)
  • Robert Altman, despite being caught on film, later insisted that he was misquoted, saying "Here's what I really said. I said that if Bush gets elected, I'll move to Paris, Texas, because the state will be better off if he's out of it."  (Ok....Bobby...please tell us you're just being funny!)
The only one I can remember who ever did move was Pierre Salinger when he permanently moved to France making good on - "If Bush wins, I'm going to leave the country and spend the rest of my life in France."  Well, that was about the only thing worthwhile he ever did.  And although he died in France he somehow got buried in Arlington Cemetery.  An insult to the nation.

I have some  questions.
  • If the American culture is so bad why are so many trying to get here - even illegally - and with the support of those who decry our culture - many of them remarkably successful in their fields?
  • If the American culture is so bad why is it Americans aren't flocking to get passports to live in every other country in the world, legally or otherwise? 
  • If American culture is so disgusting why aren't these wealthy leftist thinkers moving to Cuba or Venezuela? 
  • Why is it so many prominent celebrities keep threatening to leave the country if a person they don't approve of is elected to the presidency, but after the fact still live here?
So move already and make sure to walk the talk and give up you're American Citizenship.  Try Venezuela!


No comments:

Post a Comment