Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, August 8, 2026

What I'm Reading

"The time has come, to talk of many things: Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—of cabbages—and kings—and why the sea is boiling hot—and whether pigs have wings."  

By Rich Kozlovich 

The line above was from Alice in Wonderland about "futile arguments over trivial matters, and the absurdity of human behavior, hypocrisy, false sympathy, exploitation of the young, foolish and innocent", and it's appropriate for what passes for reality today.  Some of what I'm presenting here is from subscription sites and I won't be able to link those articles for you, so, you'll just have to take my word for what I'm offering... or not... as it pleases you.  

There's been a lot of talk about Trump's desire to acquire Greenland.  During WWII Denmark no longer existed as it was conquered by Nazi Germany and FDR seized  it.  Truman returned it to Denmark after the war.  That was a mistake.  Why is Greenland so important?  Greenland is a mineral rich landmass holding  "25 of the EU's 34 critical raw materials, enough to break China's near-total monopoly on the minerals inside every EV, wind turbine, and precision weapon."  That would impact China's intention to crush the American hegemony and become the world's leading power. 

Greenlanders don't really want to be a part of Denmark, and truthfully, I don't think they see themselves as Danes, and mostly because they're not.  But they also don't want to be part of the U.S. either.  However, since they only have a population of less than 60,000 people inhabiting a small portion of a land mass three times the size of Texas, and the U.S. is by agreement already committed to defending them, which allows military bases there, I wonder what it is they really want?  What is it do they think they can achieve?  At this point they're interested in independence, and certainly most Americas really get that, but it's an independence they can't defend, and they know it.  

So, ya just gotta see the humor in all of this.  Greenland doesn't want to become part of the U.S. and most Americans have no desire to turn Greenland into a state.  Certainly not any more than they want Puerto Rico or Washington D.C. to become states.  That's a mentality that includes talk about Alberta, Canada becoming independent and then an American state, and for the same reason.  The likelihood and fear of the Senate becoming a permanent leftist/Democrat/Marxist enclave.  

It appears ABC wants to double down on their lack of viewership by bringing back Rosie O’Donnell, who left America for Ireland because she hates Trump, but she just can't keep quiet over the outrages occurring here.  Outrages I tell you, and they're all because of Trump of course.  The deadly Texas flood.....Trump's fault.  She had a meltdown over Colbert's cancellation, and Molly Ringwald is thrilled.  He can run for President now, and she's all in on that. 

And now Rosie claims the man who killed those children in the Catholic church was ..... watch out now... here it comes.... a Republican MAGA person.  Claiming he was "a white guy, Republican, MAGA person… whaddya’ know… white supremacist.”  Well, he was white, and I'm shocked, apparently she knows the difference between a man and a woman, which shows even a blind coconut can find a monkey once in a while, but other than that, she didn't get a thing right including her diatribe against Trump.  

She claimed in the past Trump is fixated on her so much he lives rent free in her head....really?  Yet a week hardly goes by without some kind of ludicrous rant by Rosie regarding Trump.  He says she suffers from a “massive case of TDS", and there's not a sane person who would disagree.  What's the cause of TDS?  It's caused by the Sieve Brain Infection, where the brain hold facts like a sieve holds water. 

Here's something that I find interesting.  It appears mental disorders are infectious!  Really!  Take TDS, it's infected just about everyone in the Hollywood/entertainment industry.  Take this dipstick who plays Jack Reacher, the big tough guy wearing diamond ear rings while telling the world, in foul language, that Trump is guilty of raping a 13 year old girl.  Something Carville also tries to push, but as Larry Elder notes;

The problem isn't that Alan Ritchson and James Carville dislike Trump. The problem is that they treat the allegation against him as unquestionably true, but the allegations against Joe Biden and Bill Clinton as either unworthy of discussion or unquestionably false.

Well both Carville and Ritchson need to be sued by Trump over that, and the Sullivan decision won't protect them.   Also, as a result of the Jack Reacher movies and TV series there was a lot of talk about the difference about the portrayals of Reacher between Tom Cruise and Alan Ritchson because Ritchson's size reflects the image of Jack Reacher in the books.  I've seen both, and Cruise's Reacher is by far superior to Ritchson's, neither size or class withstanding

This kind of madness is ubiquitous and it isn't just about Trump; it's about Jews also.  Take for example Dune’ star Javier Bardem who blames Israel for the illegal migration from Morocco into Spanish Ceuta.  Yep, it was the Jews who did it alright, and that darned Trump most likely helped.  Is there a cure for that? Nah, it's my view he also suffers from one writer called the Sieve Brain Infection, with the brain holds facts like a sieve holds water.     

Democrat Socialist John Leguizamo whined European colonizers stole 500,000 tons of gold out of Latin America, "which is mathematically and historically impossible, as it represents more than double the total amount of gold ever mined in all of human history."  He's also bragged the money he earned by voicing a character in "Ice Age" bought him three homes.  Yep, I can see why he's a Democrat Socialist. Always sure, never right, and unendingly self serving, another example of the Sieve Brain Infection. 

Does Conan O'Brien have mental issues?  I have to believe he does since he found Leslie Jones calling Trump a piece of s..t healing.   He found that healing?  Really?  Whatever's wrong with him...., I have unreserved doubt that cured it. 

"The consensus in Hollywood is that AI will put a lot of actors, writers and other Hollywood professionals out of work.   The national consensus is that AI will also do some bad things."

As for the opinions of celebrities; they're going to go the way of their jobs:  Into oblivion.  As Jeff Bridges says: Soon I’ll be out of a gig, that's to AI, and will have to lease out his likeness.   I liked Lloyd Bridges, and both the Bridges boys, but once AI becomes the dominant force in entertainment, they'll create artificial stars that will become popular, and whatever leases modern "stars" may sign; overall, they're going to follow their careers into oblivion also.   

Not to mention I have no doubt they're going to resurrect likenesses, speech and characteristics of some of the great old Hollywood legends like Clark Gable, Spenser Tracy, Error Flynn and others provided there are no legal restrictions, and since so much time has gone by, I doubt there will be many.   I could even see John Wayne's family being willing participants in a very controlled licensing of his voice, image and traits. 

Finally, I come to the Warner Brothers/Paramount buyout merger.  Leftists of every ilk are infected with this mental disorder that permeates heir social bubble, and they're against it. Why?  Because that merger will end the Democrat control of the nation's news business.  If or when that ends I have to wonder: How often are we going to see Rosie interviewed afterward?  

No comments:

Post a Comment