Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Big Tech Censorship of the Anonymous

By Rich Kozlovich

First off, I think in order to be reasonable and honest, we need to appreciate what Google's Blogger has done for free speech, and the opportunity to present alternative views to the "acceptable" narratives by politicians, the regime media, and talking heads.

When I first started Paradigms and Demographics it was my second blog.  My first was Green Notes, which I used for one year, and only did so because I had created a weekly E-Mail newsletter of the same name that went out to people involved with the pest control industry, and did so in order to link articles of my own.  All this was strictly a "green issues" newsletter and blog in defense of pesticide users. 

I deleted my Green Notes blog, and stopped the weekly newsletter, and started Paradigms and Demographics in 2007, maintaining my "green only" restrictions.  But as time went by I realized I couldn't discuss "green issues" without discussing leftism, and those who promote leftist views.  So I  changed P&D from a "green issues only" blog to a "pro-humanity" blog.  Why?  Because it became clear to me "green" is the spear point of leftist intrusion into the lives of human beings.  And, make no mistake, using the word spear is the correct term because leftism is irrational, misanthropic, morally defective, deadly, and evil. 

As of 5:37 AM today, I've published 35,854 articles or links to articles, and almost all of them were in refutation to the leftist narratives of the moment.  I've been given permission to publish great articles by a number of prominent writers who are in harmony with my views.  Here is the link to My Commentaries,  and while this is still a work in progress, you can see I've published a lot of material that's in opposition to the "acceptable narratives".  

Until the last couple of years, I've had no issues with any of that being published.  Then I accidentally discovered an old article that was years old, was "unpublished", and no notice was sent.  Apparently over the last couple of years it appears I've picked up my own personal censor at Blogger, and for those who aren't aware, Blogger owns the Blogger blogs.  

I originally published this article, Okay, Let's Try and Get This Right Once and For All: Biden Was Elected Through Voter Fraud, on October 31, 2022, but nine months later someone at Blogger decided this article offended "their community standards", and removed it from the site, stating I had to make changes in order for it to be republished.  What changes?  No one says.  What community standard did I violate?  No one says. 

Every site should have a "community standards" policy, so I actually applaud that, but the "community standards" for Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, who kicked me out, which I cover here, here, and here, can only be defined as ambiguous, allowing for vast interpretations, and and I wonder how much conflict goes on in the background at these sites. 

At any rate, I protested their decision, and they totally deleted it.   After Blogger completely deleted that October offering, they later restored it without allowing it to be republished. So I protested their action again, and again, and again, and finally sometime in the last two weeks Blogger republished it, approximately two months later.    

Why aren't I more specific on the dates?  Blogger doesn't send a notice, they just un-publish, and if you're not regularly paying attention to the trash link, you aren't aware of what they've done, or when they've done it.  They also don't send a notice when they restore an article.  Recently someone at Blogger deleted a "draft" article because it offended their "community standards"!  A draft article mind you, not even a published piece.  So, now I pay more attention to all this and protested that action the same week, and it was restored immediately, so from all of this I've come to five conclusions.  

  1. Not everyone at Blogger has a harmonious interpretation and definition of their "community standards".  
  2. Entirely too many people have uncontrolled and unaccountable access to control Blogger content.  
  3. There are those at Blogger who really want to control the content to support their own narratives.  
  4. There must be some sane and reasonable people working there willing to overturn these anonymous censoring tyrants since every time I protested an action, ultimately, the post was restored. 
  5. In spite of my initial anger over these deletions, I've had to conclude, Blogger has been a major contributor to free speech, and should be applauded.

Finally, it's relatively easy to set up a Blogger blog in order to express one's views, and as far as I can tell, they're not making any money by allowing this.  P&D is a non-profit passion for me, but Blogger's can make money via Blogger's AdSence system, and it appears Blogger not only doesn't get any part of that, and they collect the revenue for you.   So, why did the set this up?   All this must be an expensive effort.  There are over 600 million blogs out there, and Blogger is the source for a lot of them.  

So, based on my experience, I feel I really have to give Blogger the benefit of the doubt, and until I find out otherwise, I'm taking the position they want alternative views to be available to the public, and as in any organization, there are few bad apples.

So, kudos to Blogger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment