Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Diversity is Not Our Strength

It’s fifty years now since I was at university and a great deal of my time there -- especially the weekends -- is long forgotten.

I do remember going with the intention of studying math and economics. At that time, and maybe still, there was a requirement, in the first year, to take other subjects. Whether this was to prevent specializing too soon or to provide a more rounded education or both I don’t know but, when my second year began one of those other subjects became all of my classes, either Modern History or Economic History.

At that level, the assumption was that you already knew the who, what, where, and when of historical events and the focus was on the why. So, there were no multiple-choice or true/false questions, only two-thousand-word essays on the why of important events in history. I was fascinated with these, basically, puzzles, working back in time to see what had happened to set in motion the factors behind, for example, the outbreak of wars......To Read More...

 My Take - Diversity without accomplishment is philosophy without form and incompetence without consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment