Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, October 21, 2021

P&D Today

By Rich Kozlovich 

George Friedman of Geopolitical Futures recently optimistically commented about the long term outcome of these crises instituted by Biden and this band of economic and geopolitical incompetents saying:

"We survived the revolution, the civil war and the great depression. I'm betting on us." 

 Like Mr Friedman, I believe in cycles.  I read his book, The Storm Before the Calm: America's Discord, the Crisis of the 2020s, and the Triumph, where, among other things, he discusses "cycles" and outlines the patterns and frequency of them, and how America has re-created itself through American history.   Like him, I see things a bit deeper, farther and wider than the average person, and like him I've serious misgivings about the outcome.  

I can't see America, or the world, coming to harmony any time soon.  The hope is America can survive and recreate itself once again, and along firm Constitutional lines.  What happens in the rest of the world depends on that.  He's much more optimistic than I've been as of late, but these misfits have fouled up everything so badly the tide looks as if it's turning, and I'm feeling a twinge of optimism.  

Let's hope!


Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel


No comments:

Post a Comment