I've posted much to show this "pandemic" is mostly media driven hysteria, and in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, society has gone insane with this stuff. Therefore, I've decided to post the mortality rates regularly.
The COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) keeps a running total of deaths and proven infections. As of 2:25 AM on May 26, 2020 here are the coronavirus rates of infection and the rates of mortality based on a worldwide population of 7,800,000,000 and an American population of 330,000,000 using this internet calculator.
Here are the results:
- Worldwide infections, 5,606, 925. Infection rate, 0.07%
- Worldwide Mortality rate, 0.04%
- Confirmed infections in the United States, 1,681,418. Infection rate, 0.5%
- United States deaths, 98.929. Mortality rate, 0.029% (Editor's note. That number may have been inflated by fraudulent reporting by as much as 25%. Cooking the books here, and misrepresentation here. RK)
- In 1968 the Hong Kong flu killed over 1,000,000 people worldwide. The mortality rate was 0.3%! America lost 100,000 that year, and morality rate was 0.05%.
- In 1957-58 the Asian flu killed up to 2,000,000 people with a mortality rate 0.068%. America lost 116,000 people. The mortality rate was 0.07%.