Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Friday, June 24, 2022

6 Ways McConnell Betrays the Republican Base

I do try to respect President Reagan's 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not speak ill of thy fellow Republican."  I know ideological litmus tests rub some people the wrong way.  I get that turning internal disagreements into political losses is self-defeating.  I agree that priority number one is to beat back the Marxist hoards pushing America to the cliff's edge.  And it sure is nice to pat ourselves on the back for having a "big tent" open to everyone.  But…you knew it was coming…I sure wish we could move on from Mitch McConnell.  Or rather, I wish we could find an effective way to compel Republican senators to move on from McConnell (and his lackeys) as their leader.

I don't like him.  I don't like the way he conducts business in the Senate.  I don't like his imperious nature and his backroom double-dealings.  I don't think he represents the vast majority of Republican voters, and even worse, I don't think he even cares.  I find him off-putting and arrogant and a terrible spokesperson for the Republican Party.  I do not think he has ever convinced a single non-Republican voter to come onboard.  I'm not certain he believes in much aside from the accumulation and maintenance of raw power.  And to the extent he actually does have sincere beliefs, those beliefs seem hopelessly aligned to an outdated Republican Party still grazing in the country-club safe spaces of bourbon-swilling "elites."................

 If McConnell's efforts to curtail the Second Amendment don't prove him deeply unsuited to lead the New Republican Party during these uncertain times, consider a few additional reasons: .........To Read More.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment