Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, April 18, 2016

Age of Wisdom

By Rich Kozlovich

My friend Maury Siskel is a retired scientist living in Texas, but we share communications daily - he sends me stuff everyday - all day.  Most of his communications involve serious stuff that I appreciate and quite often use, so I'm greatful for those leads.  This is especially appreciated because we share a number of things.  We share views on science, economics, social dynamics and we've another thing in common ..... we're old. 

Maury has a way of finding humorous stuff about old age that old people will appreciate.  Here's a partial list of what Maury and Dog found and sent over the weekend.
  • I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.
  • Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers.  Now they drink like their fathers.
  • I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.
  • I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.
  • Old age is coming at a really bad time.
  • When I was a child I thought "Nap Time" was a punishment. Now, as a grownup, it feels like a small vacation.
  • The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."
  • I don't have gray hair; I have "wisdom highlights." I'm just very wise.
  • If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.
  • Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
  • Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.
  • At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
Most of my posts will be profound, provocative and upsetting.  Some of them will generate frustration, anger, outrage and indignity.  After each day's posts I say to myself - and I say it everyday - "We've lost our minds!"   Even a newsie like me can only stand so much, so I appreciate a bit of humor.  I hope you'll find this little bit of humor worth your time to start out the week.  And for my dog loving readers - please enjoy this.    Brought to you by Maury and Dog!

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment