Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Savaged by Incivility

by Franklin D. Leupp, Sr. September 28, 2013
I rarely ever stay up late for any reason; even company. A friend of mine several years ago got so tired of his guests that he went to his bedroom, put on his pajamas and reappeared to say “goodnight” to his guests. Well, I wouldn’t go quite that far. But Tuesday afternoon I wanted to see just what Senator Cruz had up his sleeve and so I began to watch – and listen, critically, I might add, to what he had to say in his attempt to keep the floor of the Senate occupied as long as he could stand. The Senator from Texas impressed me with his knowledge, ability and desire to deliver what should have been a convincing argument for defunding the ACA, Affordable Care Act. He, I thought, gave more reasons than necessary for striking down this monstrosity, not the least of which were the innumerable “exceptions,” seemingly granted to President Obama’s friends and even including Congress. And so I stayed up much of the night to listen to what he had to say.
I remember when President Obama promised that those who had health insurance that they liked could keep it. When the Teamster’s Union president, Mr. Hoffa, found out that the President had lied to them and that this new law was turning out to be a huge job killer to all the hard working men and women who helped him get elected, he wrote a very uncomplimentary letter to  the President venting his anger at their betrayal. Senator Cruz read the letter during his time on the floor. Needless to say, this new law is very unpopular with the Teamsters.....To Read More.......

No comments:

Post a Comment