· Longtime CIA official
· Converted to Islam while serving in an official capacity on the behalf of the U.S. in Saudi Arabia
· Served as a senior advisor to Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign
· Said in 2009 that he was “pleased to see that a lot of Hezbollah individuals are in fact renouncing ... terrorism and violence and are trying to participate in the political process in a very legitimate fashion”
· Believes that tactics like waterboarding are not only inconsistent with “our ideals as a nation,” but also “undermine our national security” because they “are a recruitment bonanza for terrorists"
· Explains that “jihad” means "to purify oneself or to wage a holy struggle for a moral goal”
· Supports trials of Islamic terrorists in civilian courts rather than in military tribunals
· In 2011, he called for the FBI to eliminate its "offensive" curriculum/training materials which made reference to "jihad" and "radical Islam."
· Was involved in crafting the false talking points that then-Secretary of State Susan Rice gave regarding the 9/11/12 terrorist attack against a U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi
· Was appointed as CIA director by President Barack Obama in 2013There's More Here.......