Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Biden wants Napolitano on Supreme Court

Friday, September 6, 2013
Vice President Biden on Friday recommended outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano for the Supreme Court.   Biden said his comments speak to her depth of knowledge, intellect and character.   “I think Janet should be on the Supreme Court of the United States,” Biden said at her farewell ceremony.
Biden acknowledged he would be making news and said aides warned him against making a public declaration about a potential Supreme Court nominee.   “My staff, when I said I was going to say this, said, ‘Ah, don’t make news.’ But I’m going to,” Biden said shortly before recommending Napolitano, to applause from the crowd.   Napolitano is leaving her post to head the 10-member University of California system.
My Take - Another sucker punch to the head to higher education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment