Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, March 16, 2013

GOP’s Rob Portman now supports gay marriage, has homosexual son

By David Sherfinski The Washington Times Friday, March 15, 2013
Sen. Rob Portman, a longtime opponent of gay marriage, has changed his views on the issue after his son came out to him and his wife two years ago.
“My son came to Jane, my wife, and I, told us he was gay, and that it was not a choice, and that’s just part of who he is, and he’d been that way ever since he could remember,” Mr. Portman, whose focus in Congress has mainly been economic issues, told CNN. “And that launched an interesting process for me, which was rethinking my position, talking to my pastor and religious leaders and going through a process of, at the end, changing my position on the issue. I now believe that people ought to have the right to get married.”
“It hasn’t, of course, changed our view at all of him,” Mr. Portman said, adding that his reaction was “love, support — 110 percent.”
The Ohio Republican, who was on the short list to be 2012 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s running mate, said he did tell Mr. Romney during the vetting process that his son Will, 21, was gay. As a candidate, Mr. Romney supported a federal amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman, but Mr. Portman said he was told it was not a factor in Mr. Romney’s decision on his running mate, which was ultimately Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican….To Read More….

My Take - Another Post Election Revelation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment