That startling statement is a quote from Star Parker, a black cultural-commentator, syndicated columnist and president of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education (C.U.R.E.). Her views are reflections on the effects of the policies of political progressives in America—particularly as related to the black communities. She summarizes the results of the last 50 years of Big Government rule:
- Despite the billions spent on the liberal’s “War on Poverty,” the black poverty rate is unchanged since the 1960s!
- Less than half of black men graduate from high school.
- Today, 73% of blacks are born out-of-wedlock, while it was 33 percent in the 1960s.
- Planned Parenthood receives approximately one million dollars a day from American taxpayers and targets black women, who are less than 10% of American’s population but represent 40% of all abortions.
- Blacks make-up only 13 percent of the US population, yet 50 percent of the murders are by blacks, many of whose victims are also black.