Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Shadows of Nuance!

By Rich Kozlovich

A friend of mine once told me I see things in black and white and I fail to see the nuances. Actually I see the nuances quite well, I just don't agree with them. In order to have clarity we first must have definition.

·         I believe that by accepting the nuances as truth we are actually accepting lies and publicity in place of facts and truth.
·         I believe that when we do this we are giving aid and comfort to those that wish us ill.
·         I believe that every time we give up something unnecessarily, or inappropriately, we are backing ourselves into a wall from which there is no escape.
·         I believe it's absolutely imperative we recognize we really do have enemies and that we must recognize them for what they are and deal with them accordingly.
·         I believe that if everyone keeps turning reality into nuance, it becomes increasingly difficult to see reality, and worse yet, to know what to do about it.
·         I believe that it is important to understand the opposition’s views - but that doesn’t mean that I have to accept them.
·         There is a difference between seeing the nuances and thinking that this is the way things should be.
·         Aren’t nuances the shadow of substance?
·         What reality do we face when we make the shadows real and the substance shadow?
·         I believe that some things really are right and some things really are wrong.
·         I believe the color gray is the same color as fog.

This is a Paraphrased quote by Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC). “An industry can survive those who are foolish and careless. It can survive the overly ambitious, but it cannot survive those who attack an industry and what it stands for from within. The activists are more to be desired because they present themselves as the enemy at the gate. Although they may use deceit and cunning they are known because they carry their banner openly. No matter how formidable they may be they cannot be as serious a threat as those who wear the garments, speak the language and share the customs of those within an organization while secretly working that which is harmful. They rot the heart of an industry, undermine the pillars of support and infect the industry with their treason to the point that those who see clearly and understand what is really going on are left standing alone. That industry will no longer be able to resist those who would destroy it. Can any crime be feared more?”

By the way.  Here is the original quote.  You may find it appropriate for the times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment