Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, September 1, 2013

I Want to Give $100

Steve Deace | Aug 31, 2013
We hear a lot of talk about how requiring someone to show a valid photo I.D. before voting is “unfair.” Yet whenever I ask those protesting this common sense notion why it’s “unfair” I’ve never received a valid answer.
And “because it is” isn’t a valid answer.
The sports talk radio station in my hometown demands you show valid photo I.D. before claiming a prize you won on the air. Foreign countries require you to show a valid photo I.D. before crossing their borders. Last year’s Democrat National Convention required valid photo I.D. to be admitted, yet many of the speakers at the event are opposed to requiring voters to do the same.
One argument I’ve heard is “you shouldn’t have to show photo I.D. to access your rights.” If that’s the case, then I assume those making such an argument believe you ought to have a right to a job if someone’s willing to hire you, right? Well, guess what you have to provide beginning the first day of work? Valid photo I.D. (as well as a valid Social Security card) in order to fill out your W-2.
I’m also guessing those same people think you have a right to marry anybody you want, right? Well, guess what you have to show in order to obtain a marriage license? That’s right, valid photo I.D…..To Read More…..

No comments:

Post a Comment