Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Preconceptual Economics

By Rich Kozlovich

I subscribe to John Mauldin Economics.  I like it because unlike most economists, I can actually understand what he's saying.  I don't always agree, but he doesn't spew out a lot of incomprehensible economic jabberwocky.  So, on Saturdays I get an e-mail from John Mauldin discussing the latest in economics, and this week I thought his commentary, The Good News/Bad News Economy, was, overall, quite good, except his comment about inflation being caused by supply disruptions.  

While that's true the real cause of inflation is taxes, spending, borrowing, and regulations, all of which are out of control and a supply disruption was merely a trigger.  At any rate, I loved the science analogy.  Ive written about scientific fraud for many years and twisting data isn't just an issue for economic fraud.

Definition leads to clarity, and in science false scientific analysis is classified (among other things) as data dredging, conclusions in search of data, etc.  But I like Danae's definition.  She calls it Preconceptual Science. 
 
 
I can assure you there's a high degree of probability there's more "Preconceptual Science" going on out there than real science, and the biggest reason for that is government grant money has made scientific integrity and oxymoron.  The FED, and the federal government as a whole, is the reason there's so much "Preconceptual Economics" going on out there also.  Ask American car makers why they're going to lose billions on electric vehicles.  How could they not know this was a loser endeavor?
 
I knew from the beginning this electric car insanity was going to be a loss.  I knew the claims about global warming was fraudulent.  I knew alternative energy wasn't only a loser, it was environmentally disastrous, and wrote about it from the beginning, even when my friends chuckled thinking I was nuts.
 
Time and truth are on the same side, and I ended up bring right on all counts, and I was an exterminator for 40 years, not a scientist.  Furthermore, I'm an autodidact. I'm not formally trained in any of the things I write about, and end up being right about.  
 
So...you have to ask yourself.  If the bugman could know all that, how did these highly educated professional managers not know it?  Ideology makes smart people stupid, that's how.  
 
So, I think we can add "Preconceptual Economics" to discussions involving the economy, and save a lot of time when discussing all the economically fraudulent analyses we see going on now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment