Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mother’s science-based view: Organics and Whole Foods are ‘scam of the decade’

| January 4, 2015 |
 
USDA Organic logo with dollar signs
“USDA Certified Organic.”
 
These words may conjure notions of wholesomeness, healthiness, freshness and responsible consumer habits. I myself have traversed an arc from skepticism of the touted benefits of organics, to a complete boycott.  As a mother, now with two children, pressure has been building to switch to an organic diet. To alleviate well-placed family concern, my husband and I started purchasing organic apples, strawberries, and some of the other fruits and vegetables from the Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen” list. Never mind that in my estimation, organic apples in our area are at least 50 percent more expensive than conventional.

So-called “Dirty Dozen” isn’t so dirty.......To Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment