Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Debate between a Liberal and a Conservative

December 15, 2013 by David L. Goetsch
One of the best experiences in my formal education was participating in debate. We were taught how to cogently and logically make a case for a given point of view and how to effectively rebut the arguments of the opposition. As I listen to liberal politicians and pundits, I find myself wondering what ever happened to cogency and logic in political discourse. It seems to me that liberals no longer know how to debate political issues. In most political debates and discussions, liberals seem to quickly cast aside logic and facts in favor of mud-slinging, name calling, and ad hominem attacks on their opponents. Their favorite tactic seems to be labeling opponents as “racists.” What follows in this column is a hypothetical debate between a conservative and a liberal that accurately portrays how left vs. right debates go these days. I will serve as the moderator…….Read more at

No comments: