Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

If America is so bad, blacks – why stay?

By Mychal Massie
A fact in retail is that there ultimately comes a time when you are unable to satisfy a customer who insists on being irrational and/or is unwilling to accept what is being done for him or what is being offered to him. When you have exhausted all efforts to accommodate said customer, you apologize and politely offer that it is apparent, despite your best efforts, that you are unable to satisfy him. And you suggest that perhaps his or her interests would be best served elsewhere.
Two articles I wrote about this past week caused me to consider the aforementioned. The first piece was titled, “Black athletes not taught to put education first.”The second piece I wrote was titled, “Why is Santa white? Who cares?” One was written in response to an article by Ann Killion and Nanette Asimov who opined about the poor graduation rates of black athletes at Cal Berkeley (“Cal graduation rates divided along racial lines,” Nov. 26, 2013). The other was in response to Curtis Sails III, teacher from Milwaukee (whom I would call a raconteur lacking in both wit and skill). Sails wrote one of the most specious pieces of betise [Ed: foolish or ill timed remark or action] I have read since “Christianity, Islam, and the Negro race,” written by Edward Wilmont Blydon in 1887. In that epic piece of flawed supposition, Blydon argued Islam was better for Africans than Christianity…….Read more at
Editor’s Note:  Mychal Massie in many ways reminds me of William F. Buckley.  When I used to read Buckley's articles I needed a dictionary beside be to look up words I had never seen before.  He used to drive me crazy with that, although I have now come to appreciate it.  He claimed he just used words he was familiar with.  I actually believe he was telling the truth.  Either way, both Buckley and Massie clearly like ‘words’, and the English language is full of words that carry a certain connotation that can’t be expressed otherwise.  I enjoy reading Massie for the same reasons I enjoyed reading Buckley.  Clear thinking and interesting verbiage.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment