Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Could natural immunity defeat COVID-19 in the USA?

By William Noel

Following the wisdom of mothers in the days of my childhood would be far less costly and disruptive than what is being done today to contain the Wuhan Virus, and it might be more effective.

Back then, in the late 1950s, I remember my mother sending me to play with a neighbor kid who'd broken out with chickenpox. She wanted me to get infected so I would become immune. Sure enough, a few days later, I developed chickenpox and a short time later, I was immune for life. Large numbers of mothers doing the same thing helped limit the spread of the disease by developing "herd immunity," where infection rates dropped because the contagion was finding few non-resistant people to infect and transmit it. That helped control the spread of the disease before we had a vaccine.

That's quite a contrast with the draconian public restrictions being imposed by our nation's leaders and the economic upheaval being caused by our attempt to control the spread of the Wuhan Virus, also labeled COVID-19.

Our foundational problem in dealing with the Wuhan Virus is that we have placed too much faith in our medical experts to protect us, and discovering how powerless they are against it has left us feeling vulnerable and threatened. Complicating that, our leaders are relying on the advice of doctors who are using statistically questionable data.......To Read More....



No comments:

Post a Comment