Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Ohio Senate Race, Part III

By Rich Kozlovich 

Since I'm retired I don't get around much any longer, nor do I see and talk to old friends often, which I miss a bit.  However, I still have a close friend I talk to regularly named Mike, who also owned a pest control company, and we were both heavily involved in our industry's trade associations in Ohio and nationally dealing with regulatory and legislative affairs. 

Well, Mike is still politically involved, and he's a total conservative.  Many months ago I asked Mike who he liked as the Republican nominee for the Senate race.  Without pause or hesitation he said, Bernie Moreno, but he didn't think he has a chance. So I started doing some research and at that time I had to agree, he didn't look like he had any chance at all.  But, as it turns out, "It ain't over till it's over". 

Following the axiom, "faint heart never won fair lady", Moreno worked hard to overcome all obstacles, and I liked him, so, I started looking up, tracking, and storing information about the candidates as source material for an article of my own, but I wanted to wait until the primary was closer to publish anything. 

I published this on January 9, 2024, The Ohio Senate Race, outlining the positions and character of the candidates.  And this one is still worth viewing as it really outlines who Brown is and what he stands for, which I will keep addressing in coming months.  Make no mistake, the contrast between Brown and Moreno is stark.   

On February 9th I published these links:

Ohio Senate Race, Part II, all of which were designed to totally distinguish the differences in thinking, character, and policy positions between Moreno and the other two Republican candidates.  Their positions versus the positions of Moreno were diametrically opposed, and theirs were actually far more in harmony with Brown.  The Republican leadership chose Dolan, a Mitt Romney clone.   The people of Ohio chose Moreno, and it's long overdue they dump the Republican leadership in Ohio.  

This race went to the national media, at least the alternative media where most people look to for information these days.   On Breitbart, this was posted, ‘We’re Going to Get the America First Agenda Done’, saying:

Moreno — who defeated both State Sen. Matt Dolan (R) as well as Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose in the Buckeye State’s primary race for Sen. Sherrod Brown’s (D) Senate seat — said he can finally focus on taking down Brown and the Biden agenda. But over the next seven months, Biden will try to “recapture that extreme position in order to keep his base, so who knows what they’ll do, but it’s gonna be a tough next seven months,” Moreno warned before offering a positive outlook, predicting massive victories for the America First movement come November. ......

Another Breitbart piece Bernie Moreno Celebrates Primary Victory: ‘We Have an Opportunity to Retire the Old Commie’ saying: 

Moreno spent much of his victory speech thanking many people who supported him and his campaign, including former President Donald Trump. “I also want to thank President Trump. I just got off the phone with President Trump. You know, the reality is we have an opportunity now,” Moreno said. “We have an opportunity now to retire the old commie and send him to a retirement home and then save this country because that’s what we’re gonna do,” he said. “And I want to thank President Trump for all he did for me, for this campaign, for his unwavering support, for his love of this country because I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody who loves this country the way he does. Thank you to President Trump,” he said, also thanking Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) for his support as well and offering kind words to his opponents......

If you go back to my first article, The Ohio Senate Race, you will see the stark contrast between what we're seeing Moreno professing, and who and what Sherrod Brown is, and that shall be the focus on my links and articles as the months progress.  

Today I also published this piece, Election 2024: What Do You Believe?, saying:

As the 2024 Election is only eight months away we're seeing more hyperbolic lies, obfuscation, misdirection, and quite frankly, irrational and blatantly insane rhetoric supporting insane positions than I've seen in my almost 78 years.  What really surprises me is how many seemingly normal people are confused about who they think will be the best candidate for President or even Congress.  

In Ohio there were three Republican candidates running for the Senate against Sherrod Brown, Bernie Moreno, Matt Dolan and Secretary of State Frank LaRose.  The only legitimate America first conservative was Bernie Moreno, who won with 50.5% of the vote.  But Ohio’s Republican leadership, including Governor DeWine, came out in support of Dolan. He and the other candidate were exposed as Mitt Romney RINO clones.......and yet Dolan and LaRose garnered 49.5% combined.   If Trump and Senator JD Vance hadn't supported Moreno, he might have lost. 

 What were they thinking?

Well, since it seems entirely too many people lack clarity, so in that article, I listed 25 questions that those who are confused need to answer in order to end their confusion.  If you're confused, you may wish to read and answer them yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment