Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It’s Time for Juan Williams to Go

His double-talking defense of Democrats who embraced Louis Farrakhan, and of Farrakhan himself, is the last straw For the past ten months that I have been reporting prolifically about the cable news wars and the Fox News Channel, readers who have posted comments to my articles have most often cited Juan Williams as the #1 Fox News personality whom they cannot stand.

I am willing to cut any opinion meister a lot of slack, but the last straw for me came on Friday March 9, when Williams appeared live in-studio with Shannon Bream on her nightly program Fox News@Night. On Bream’s program, Williams defended Democrats who have cozied up to Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam. Incredibly, on Fox News@Night, Williams also defended Farrakhan himself.............Read more

My Take - I've always found Williams contemptible.  I could never understand how the conservatives on that panel could be such buddies with someone who spews out logical fallacies in order to obfuscate the facts.    Perhaps I'm reading more into this than there is, but it seems to me with Jesse Waters sitting in the lead chair Williams isn't allowed to get away with his antics nearly as much as before.  Waters appears to simply ignore his interruptions and red herrings.  Williams is a racist, just like Farrakhan, and just like the people he defends who associate with him.    Why is that so hard to grasp?

No comments:

Post a Comment