Here in San Diego, surf's up, and everyone is marveling at the beautiful red tide that has given our beaches these amazing, bioluminescent, or glow-in-the-dark, waves. Scientifically, the blue waves have become a red tide. What a metaphor..............Now, there's no reason to ignore or deny the possibility that Democrats will make some gains. They are energized (to the point of craziness), the pendulum shifts, and money from their fat cats is rolling in.............from Nancy Pelosi vowing to reverse our tax cuts........to Hillary Clinton howling again about deplorables, or Maxine Waters saying something insane.............Democrats are making a lot of mistakes and those are piling up. These mistakes might just keep them on the outs another two years. We have reason to have hope from and for a coming political red tide...........Read more
My Take - For months I've been saying the 2018 election will be a blood bath. For the Republicans it's the primaries, and that seems to be playing out. For the Democrats it will be in the 2018 general election, and that seems to be playing out.
As time goes by we're going to see a paradigm shift in former solid Democrat voters, especially among Jews, blacks and I also think among once solid Democrats who are Catholic.
This election will be the harbinger for the 2020 election, and I don't think the left will win, because most the leadership of the Democrat Party will be so far to the left the rest will find they're not welcome, not to mention there's an age demographic in the Democrat leadership the Republicans aren't facing. They're old, fixed in their position, greedy to hold on to power, and incapable of changing. Furthermore, the base wants them to move even farther left than they are as has been demonstrated by California Democrats "denying Diane Feinstien the party’s endorsement in this year’s Senate race and giving a majority of their votes to her liberal primary challenger."
It appears they want someone who is even farther left, which seems a bit impossible, but for leftists there's no boundary on moving to the left.
The unwelcome Democrats will become what was once known as "Reagan" Democrats, but in this case they're going to become "Trump" Democrats. The question remaining is this: Is the Republican Party going to stop being the "Dumb Party" and actually take advantage of the mess that the party of treason the Democrat Party has become?
Over the years I've compiled a list of rules on how to defeat the left from different sources, Ben Shapiro was one of them.
Here are 21 Rules on how to defeat the left.
- Don’t run from the battle – run to it!
- Hit first, hit hard, avoid raising your voice.
- Frame and define the opponent.
- Do not let them occupy some self-righteous high ground.
- Character counts and the left isn’t righteous as they have no moral foundation except the need to have power.
- Frame the debate, or reframe it to fit reality.
- Define the reality of the debate.
- Don‘t allow emotional appeals interfere with the reality of the debate.
- Spot inconsistencies and logical fallacies, and call them on them.
- Learn the arguments of the left so that you know what they’re going to say.
- Be able to define who they are and what they really want.
- Don’t let them cover up what they really believe with rhetoric and emotion.
- Ask questions and force them to answer the question asked.
- Don’t allow them to shift the point of discussion.
- Force them to defend their position not the reverse.
- Don’t get distracted with side bar arguments or non-sequiturs.
- Stay focused.
- Do not allow red herrings.
- You don’t have to defend the position of people on your side.
- Let your opponents have their meaningless victories.
- Body language matters
Will they do it? I doubt it because in order to do so they must attack now, attack often and hit hard, and it appears there's few in the Republican Party who are that tough. They're all afraid of having arrows shot at them. Well, if they don't want arrows shot at them then they need to get out of the battle, and let warriors take their place.