Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Quote of the Day

1. "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us."

2. “When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.”

Golda Meir

Editor's Note:  I found the first quote in a comment section of an article I posted and decided I should post it as the Quote of the Day.  However, I've become gun shy about quotes from famous people as I've so often found great quotes from famous people aren't always capable of being authenticated, so I looked it up and found the second quote attributed to Golda Meir.  It appears these two iconic quotes attributed to her can't be authenticated. 

I’ve also concluded famous people talk a lot - everyone expects them to - and they're expected to say great things - espouse great wisdom - and they very often do in private conversations.  It seems totally plausible to me this could have been the case here.  However, whether she uttered these profound thoughts or not in no way diminishes the value of those thoughts - ergo - my Quote(s) of the Day! RK

No comments:

Post a Comment