Brussels (AFP) - Far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen was stripped of her European Parliament immunity Thursday after she tweeted images of Islamic State atrocities, paving the way for her prosecution by French authorities. Prosecutors launched a probe in December, 2015 over the graphic pictures that the French National Front (FN) leader posted on social media, which included the decapitated body of US journalist James Foley.
"The result is clear, a big majority is in favour of the lifting of immunity," acting parliament speaker Dimitrios Papadimoulis said, after lawmakers in Brussels voted by a show of hands. The ruling is effective immediately for Le Pen, a National Front MEP, European Parliament officials told AFP......To Read More....
My Take - Below are 9 of the currently 276 comments posted by the public. I didn't read them all, but in the 50 or so I viewed I didn't see any that supported this action by EU. What I did notice is an overwhelmingly negative veiw of the EU. It would be interesting to see from where these comments originated, inside the EU or out, and if inside the EU - from which countries. Nigle Farage says the EU is in for a huge shock in the 2017 elections, and if these are from within the EU.....he's right.
- So, the Europeans are offended by factual atrocities by muslims!!
- How can any society expect to defeat these barbarians if they hide their atrocities from the own public?? We witnessed the same thing here in America, when they stopped showing the World Trade Center, and the people jumping to their deaths to escape the fire. This effort was led by the Liberals, with the media going along with it.
- Sounds like the French don't want people to see the truth. Radical Islamic Terrorism is a very real thing. I hope she wins the election. The world needs more La Pen's and Trumps to counter the liberals out there.
- This is a joke! Actually it's insanity! Psychotic communist dogma that is far worst than anything that the Soviet Union put in place. - Are you telling me one can't say anything bad about the enemy because it might offend them? Even if it's true! I know Sweden has idiot laws like this where the facts are irrelevant, but France? The European Parliament couldn't care less about Foley's family. This is just a way the reds keep the Nationalists from speaking the truth. If Le Pen tolerates this nonsense, it is national and racial suicide.
- Not a surprise. This is the same Europe where, if a citizen is gang raped in the street in broad daylight, she's charged with incitement if she dares report the incident to the police. Much like in India. In Germany, if you have anything remotely negative to say about the invaders you risk losing your job, having your kids taken away from you, your home destroyed by a mob and being thrown in prison.
- It used to be just regular news that what happened got reported. Now if it offends or riles it is off the table. All muslims are not bad, but they do have a very violent sector that resides in their religion. These incidences of violence need to be shown, I mean they put out videos themselves that show these things to instill fear in the citizenry, so fair is fair. Screw them I say. Show the good with the bad and let the public decide.
- The E.U. continues on its rush to suicide
- Ridiculous ! This is very much a campaign issue. So now the French no longer have freedom of expression ? OR is this just the pigs they have in government who are trying to silence Marine ? ? ?
- Lemme get this straight: She EXPOSES THE TRUTH about the dispicable r@gheads - one the Euroweenies obviously want kept secret - and SHE gets in trouble?
- European nations need to dissolve the EU before the Globalists strangle them all to death.