Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Standing up for Truth in Babylon

By Susan E. Bentley

As a British Christian I have over the years watched world and cultural events mainly through the various media outlets that were available to me at the time.  Certainly in Britain one of the most famous and most watched news networks was and is the British Broadcasting Corporation or the BBC. As time passed I came to the personal conclusion that journalism from the BBC was biased. It was in my opinion anti-Christian but pro-Islam, anti-Israel but pro-Arab, pro-choice concerning abortion, left-leaning politically and so on. In particular I observed over time Christians and Jews viewed with suspicion and distaste by reporters and treated unfairly and often not given enough time to respond to complex questions or interrupted before they could finish.

I must interject here that there was one glorious occasion, one moment I remember when the light broke through the dark recesses of the studio. I will never forget an interview with two American singers on "BBC Breakfast". These ladies were clearly full on and passionate about their faith. They talked openly about God and Jesus and faith and I watched in delight as the two BBC journalists sat on the couch with frozen faces probably having never experienced such a thing before. Sadly that was a rare event..........Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment