Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Ambush of America

John Croz Jr.,  Physicist and Environmental Advocate

Last week I gave a talk that outlined how our way of life is under a coordinated, sophisticated attack on multiple fronts. For the sake of brevity my presentation just focused on how three pillars of our society are being undermined: Education, Science, and Religion.

To demonstrate to the attendees that this was not just an academic exercise (only happening in far-off reaches of the country), I provided some examples how it was going on today, in our community. I followed this up by writing an op-ed in our local paper (yesterday), about the education part. Since such insertions are space-limited and since this is a national issue, I’ve penned a slightly more detailed version for your consideration.

I am well aware that fixing the deterioration of our education system requires more than the three remedies I’m proposing. (There is also grade inflation, course material dilution, widespread cheating, etc.) However, we have to start somewhere, and my suggestions are a digestible and important part of this enormously important task. From what I have seen, the erosion of our education system is going on right under our noses, in essentially every community in the US. The solution comes down to Burke’s very applicable saying:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.”

Let me know any questions.

Consider the following insights (which I heartily endorse):

  • “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” (Nelson Mandela)
  • “The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” (Malcolm Forbes)
  • “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” (William Butler Yeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment