Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Influence of Howard Zinn on the Loss of Patriotism, and the Antidote to Zinn, Dinesh D’Souza’s America

By Ron Radosh

Those of you who have already seen Dinesh D’Souza’s America, or are planning to see it on this July 4th weekend, might know that a theme running throughout the film is the distorted and far left “history” of the late Howard Zinn, whose A People’s History of the United States has become a vehicle by which the Left has reached hundreds of thousands of American students with its message that the story of America is that of oppression. While many critics of D’Souza’s film have disparaged him for taking on Zinn’s narrative, which they believe is true, his film is the perfect antidote to the Zinn anti-American narrative. I’m proud to have contributed my input in an interview that appears in the movie.

I have been a critic of Zinn for decades, and perhaps of all that I have written about him, this old column I wrote for PJ Media sums up my critique of his method of writing history. I agree with the honest left-wing historian Michael Kazin, who writes that Zinn was a propagandist, not a historian, who measured “individuals according to his own rigid standard of how they should have thought and acted.” ……To Read More…..

No comments:

Post a Comment