Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Where does paranoia end and tyranny begin?

Patrice Lewis

About three years ago, a faithful reader of my blog contacted me to say she would no longer be leaving comments or otherwise communicating by email because she was entirely withdrawing from the Internet. She was also dropping her cell phone and closing her credit card. She was embarking on an all-cash lifestyle and even had plans to go off-grid. Why? Because she had concerns that she, along with everyone else in America, was being tracked … and she didn’t like it. Her response to these concerns was to withdraw as much as possible from modern life.

I confess I thought this was a bit extreme, but I wished her well and said goodbye. I question how much anyone (without reverting to a primitive lifestyle) could withdraw sufficiently from the modern world to avoid being tracked in some manner. Nonetheless I’m beginning to think she had a point. I was reminded of this reader’s actions a few days when I saw a story about how Tesco supermarkets in the U.K. are keeping track of what customers are buying in order to urge them to choose more healthy foods….To Read More….




No comments:

Post a Comment